Monday, September 20, 2010

I don't know exactly what this might mean, but somehow today definitely feels especially like a Kraftwerk kind of day.


It wasn't a bad day by any means, I don't really have very many of those anymore.  I was kind of frustrated that I didn't get anything done that I wanted to.  I have stuff to mail, people to email etc.


My technology in American mini-project is coming along nicely though, so many of my friends have responded to my inquiry and I continue to receive responses!  It's nice when people come through for you.


Anyway I'm making stirfry, because it's cheap and I can sort of ignore it while I type this.  As mentioned previously I can really only do one thing at a time on my stove, so I had to make the stir fry first and the rice next.  I probably should have reversed that order, but whatever.

Today I "auditioned" for a part in the musical number my school is performing for Richard von Weizsäcker, who is visiting on Wednesday.  I didn't make it because I don't know how to play C#minor on a banjo.  I'm not even sure it's possible to do that in G.  I'm sure you can.  Oh well.

I am apparently expected to dress up in a suit (I don't have a suit) and make conversation in English.  We shall see how it goes.  If you don't know who RvW is you should probably check up on your German history in Wikipedia.  He was a president of the BRD, which isn't quite the chancellor but it's still pretty damn important.  He was also the mayor of Berlin at one point I believe, possibly of West Berlin.  He's also the school's namesake and apparently takes great pride in it.

Listen I don't see any of you guys getting to meet a frickin president.  Well I guess meet is a pretty loose term, I'll definitely get to see him with my eyes.  Maybe also shake his hand, who knows.


Today was a really pretty day in Lüdinghausen.  I took the opportunity to do some exploring along one of the three rivers that runs through the city.  The school has a nice little path that runs right by it and leads along the river to the pedestrian zone in town.  It was a pretty perfect vision of small town Germany, just saying.


Haven't really tried any new beers recently, though I did discover this liqueur that comes in bottles that very strongly resemble Mudder's Milk.



I have absolutely no idea what kind of liqueur it is.  I'll probably buy some at some point and taste it.  I couldn't find a picture of the Mudder's milk bottles but you guys should probably already know what they look like.  If you don't, watch Firefly and you'll figure it out.  If you still can't figure it out than I really don't know what to tell you.  Other than I'm pretty bad at blogging if I'm trying to start fights with people who are just trying to see what's up with me in Germany.



Anyway I'll update as soon as I meet RvW, or at the very least a little bit afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment