Saturday, December 4, 2010

Glühwein

John drinks Glühwein, John likes Glühwein.





srsly



Christmas is way better here in Germany than in the US.  Granted it's still pretty far away, but Christmas here seems to be way more about family than about presents.  I've talked to Germans about this and they said the one holiday they would never miss under any circumstance would be Christmas because it would mean they are away from their families.  As someone who only gets to see his family a couple of times a year I can really appreciate this sentiment.  It's usually such a pain for me to go home that I'd rather just forgo presents altogether in favor of a good meal and quality time with the family.  This would include the drinking of cocoa, milk punch, eggnog etc and the wearing of festive sweaters.  Also of course A Charlie Brown would be shown, as well as a Christmas Story.  These are the things I like most about American Christmas.



I like German Christmas because there is Lebkuchen, everywhere.  Literally everywhere.  Also Glühwein, and chocolate. 


srsly

No comments:

Post a Comment