Thursday, January 27, 2011

So I've got an idea

Look, blogging just isn't working out really.  I don't mind keeping people updated and I don't mind telling my stories it's just that the process of working them out into the written word has become quite tiresome.  Also some stories I just prefer to tell orally instead of in blog form.


Which is why I'm thinking of turning this into a podcast.



I know that might seem kind of silly, but it's not really.  It gives me to tell stories and relate events the way I want PLUS I can churn out a podcast much quicker and easier than a blog entry which despite what you may think requires some careful thought and energy. 

I also have the necessary tools (computer, Garageband) and can easily explain to anyone how to download podcasts.  It's a format I've been wanting to try for a while now, and I think this is a really great opportunity.  But I'll leave it to you, my loyal readers (Nathan and my parents) to decide.  Please leave me a comment or an email if you think this is a good/bad idea.  I'll probably update through iTunes but I'll make sure that I update here as well when a new one comes out.  The idea would be that it would come out once a week, probably on my day off so that I have time to record/edit. 


Feedback would be sincerely appreciated. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm not really down with the podcast thing. Take Bill Simmons, for instance, my favorite sportswriter. Dude churns out a column a week, but also a podcast a day. I tried listening once, couldn't pay attention.

    I'm like two years behind in This American Life too. Maybe if I had a commute, but I don't.

    Just my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I'm real big on podcasts because I have a ridiculous commute everyday, but I guess since most of my audience (such as it is) is stationary it wouldn't make a lot of sense to really make a full conversion. I might do an audio file every once in a while when I think something just has to be told rather than written.

    I guess I'm really just looking for ways to make this fun, as an active blogger yourself do you have any suggestions?

    Thank you very much for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would enjoy podcasts, mostly for those stories that really require hearing. i think the mixed media idea is good.

    ReplyDelete